Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY newspaper nails!

This weekend I did something fantastically girly that I've been meaning to do for quite a while. And now I'm going to tell you guys how to do it too. Because I'm all about sharing the wealth. But first, a picture:
My awesome newsprint fingernails. Excuse my horrible photo.
If you can't tell, I have lovely, wordy fingernails. And no, I'm not a professional nail stylist, so they're a bit messy. BUT THAT'S IRRELEVANT.

What You Need:
  • Light-colored nail polish
  • Clear nail polish
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Strips of newspaper (big enough to cover nail)
What To Do:
  1. Paint nails with light-colored polish. When dry, paint nails with clear polish.
  2. Pour rubbing alcohol into shallow glass. When your nails are dry, soak nails in alcohol for ten seconds.
  3. Press newspaper strips into fingernails.
  4. After a few seconds, slowly remove newspaper strips.
  5. When dry, paint nails with clear polish again
Project originally found at More Design Please.