Thursday, February 2, 2012

WIP "Wednesday": Week 6

This time January's Book Roundup booted WIP Wednesday out of its rightful spot, so once again, a post on Thursday. How scandalous!

Days Left to Deadline: 33
Days Worked On: Pretty sure it was 3
Morale: Freakishly optimistic
Total Word Count: 99,657 (-318 . . . oh yeah)

Thoughts: Some exciting things happened this week. Let me tell you about them:
  • Rewrote the ending of chapter 4-3, which was a) kind of mediocre, b) bothering me, and c) making it difficult to keep continuity between chapters 4-3 and 4-4.
  • Finished chapter 4-4! That's right--it's done! There might still be some OOC-ness in the middle bits, but at this point I need some time away from it.
  • Added 400 words, went back over the 100,000 word total, was saddened, then deleted 600 and got back down again. Wooo.
  • Renamed one of my characters. It's been something I've been thinking about for a while, and I think I've finally decided on a suitable name for him.
  • Edited at least half of chapter 6-2 in one night. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, considering how nightmarish all of my other editing has been. Has my judgement gone astray, or was this chapter just easier? Crossing my fingers for more nights like this.
Now, I've been meaning to ask, how is your guys' writing going? Have you been getting anything done? Obviously you all should start doing WIP Wednesday with me . . . or tell me about your writing week in the comments. Let's write together!