Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Facebook announcement

Facebook isn't really my thing. I spend somewhere between five and ten minutes a day there, and even that's pretty low key. Twitter is my choice of social media. But a while ago Nathan Bransford wrote a pretty convincing post on making a fan page on Facebook, and after putting it off for several months, I've done it. I have submitted to the Facebook.

If you're even the slightest bit inclined, feel free to check it out. And, of course, I'd totally be cool with it if you Liked me. Think of it as an early birthday present.*

And if you're curious and/or wary about this whole Facebook fan page thing, apparently Facebook is taking over the world. Check it out:


The World Is Obsessed With Facebook from Alex Trimpe on Vimeo.

I don't deny that you guys will eventually get a writerly tools segment on Facebook, but until then, what do you think about using Facebook as a marketing tool? Have you made yourself a fan page on Facebook? Or does that niggling sense of egotism turn you off? Tell me in the comments.

*In case you were wondering, my birthday is on the 25th. :)

ETA (06/22/11): Haha, ironically Nathan Bransford posted about Facebook today too, only he was questioning its downfall.