Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Week 14

Days Left to Deadline: -22
Days Worked On: Uhh . . . 2 or 3?
Morale: Spent a lot of time whining, but I'm feeling better now
Total Word Count: 98,536 (-317 from last week)

What I Worked On: Well, first I finished chapter 6-2 and then I finished chapter 7-2. And then I spent a lot of time deliberating whether they should be one chapter or two and whether the last 1500 words of chapter 7-2 should still exist. As of now I haven't decided on the one or two chapter thing and the 1500 words have become a tentative chapter 7-3 that might get axed in a day.

Thoughts: This week was strangely successful despite the only working on it for 2-3 days. Though, I finally got to play around with a character I've been looking forward to. So it's been very entertaining. In case you're wondering, his name is Markal and he's a charming douchebag. *thumbs up*

But let's see. What did I do? Cleaned up a giant conversation, added in some new stuff regarding a horrific branding practice, and spent an inappropriate amount of time rewording a paragraph about climbing into a cave. I'm telling you people, little timeskip "we walked here" paragraphs are my kryptonite. Gah.

Also, The Civil Wars' "Barton Hollow" has officially become my #1 most listened to song in the last year.