Monday, March 19, 2012

5 nifty, homemade bookmarks

I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that books make awesome gifts. But if you've ever given a book someone, you've probably noticed that it's not the most personal present. Especially if they specifically requested the book. So, I was thinking . . . why not throw in a homemade bookmark?

In the spirit of this idea, I've put together a list of some of my favorite bookmark tutorials on the internet. Just in case you're feeling a little crafty. Check it:






See, don't those seem like they'll make your gift-giving a little more exciting? A lot of them look pretty easy too! But if you're interested in even more bookmark tutorials, check out this list at Tip Junkie . . . it's a bit intensive.

Have you ever given anyone a book (or a bookmark) for a gift before? What book was it and why did you pick that book for them? Also, do you have a hefty bookmark collection like me? Tell me in the comments.