Days Worked On: 2
Morale: Melodramatic with a hint of good cheer
Total Word Count: 98,853 (-1072 from last week)
What I Worked On: CHAPTER 6. ALWAYS CHAPTER 6. Or, in the case of this week, chapter 6-3 and a teeny, tiny bit of 7-2. And because no one but be actually knows what that means, chronologically these are chapters 10 and 11.
Thoughts: This was my fake editing process*. I suspect my real editing process goes something like this:
- Read drafted chapter and cringe.
- Try to fix the hard parts.
- Give up.
- Go fix the easy parts.
- Feel accomplished.
- Realize that things would make more sense if I combined a few paragraphs or moved them around or some random little crap like that.
- Implement #6, which takes far longer than it actually should.
- Repeat #6 and #7 one more time.
- Go back to #2.
- Whine a bit.
- Succeed this time around.
- Revisit #8 for kicks and giggles.
- The end.
Anyway, despite a bunch of whining and procrastinating, I got a decent amount of work done. Deleted a crappy info-dump flashback that's been pending for a whole. Re-wrote the entire dramatic rain sequence since it was lacking the appropriate drama. Also, finally got to the introduction of a character I've been looking forward to for a while now. *rubs hands together*
How about you guys? Get any work done this week, or did you procrastinate the crap out of that WIP? Tell me in the comments.
*Discovered as being fake as of 08/03/11.