My inner scientist is obsessed with things in my story sounding and being logical. So, if I run into a detail that just doesn't make sense, my brain freezes. There's no way for me to move on with the story unless I get everything to work perfectly.
Which has led to some interesting research sessions. What have I looked up lately?
- The marrow capacity of a human femur
- Burrowing frogs that live in Australia
- Fulgurite . . . aka: fossilized lightning
- Wick and lamp oil burn times
- The Kebira meteor creator in Libya desert
|Or, I'll keep telling myself that.|