Thursday, January 19, 2012

WIP "Wednesday": Week 4

Well, since yesterday was all about making statements regarding SOPA and PIPA, here's my standard WIP Wednesday post a day late:

Days Left to Deadline: 47
Days Worked On: Uhh . . . two
Morale: Still doing pretty good
Total Word Count: 100,275 (that's down 170 words from last week)

Thoughts: Didn't increase my work hours any, but I have a decent excuse that I'm going to talk about tomorrow. Despite this, I took a significant bite out of chapter 4-4. Instead of endless pages of stuff that need to be changed, it's now a bunch of pieces that need to be connected. And I got to talk about a "hank of rope," which made me happy.

Then I looked at chapter 6-2 (which, despite the numbering, comes after 4-4) after I got sick of working on 4-4. Then I remembered that 6-2 is the chapter with three separate walking montages. Seriously. They talk, life sucks, they walk, and then they do the same thing TWO MORE TIMES. It's 6000 words of horrific.

I also attended a local writing meeting, which made me want to get back on track again. It's shocking how much of a morale boost those things are. :)

And finally, I discovered that The Civil Wars' "Barton Hollow" reminds me of Kai and Eva (two of the protagonists) for some reason. The song's about criminals and my story isn't . . . but I think it's something to do with the duet and the idea of being a wanted person on the run. *shrug*